Rick Hansen 25th Anniversary Relay
May 20, 2012 9:00 am - 11:30 am
On Sunday May 20th, Delta will host the Rick Hansen 25th Anniversary Relay as it travels through the community of Ladner.
You are Invited!
A community celebration will be held at Municipal Hall from 9:00 am - 11:30 am featuring:
- a free pancake breakfast
- family entertainment
- adaptive activities and crafts
- displays and demonstrations
At approximately 10:00 am the Delta Police Pipe Band will welcome the medal bearer arriving at Municipal Hall and a formal ceremony will be held.
Help support the relay by:
- lining the relay route and cheering on the medal bearers
- wearing the event theme colour yellow, or making yellow streamers to show community spirit and pride
- walking, running or wheeling with the medal bearers
About the Relay
To commemorate the 25th anniversary of the original tour, the Rick Hansen Foundation is celebrating with the Relay. One man in motion will be represented by many in motion as 7,000 participants from across Canada, who have made a difference in the lives of others, will pass the singular Rick Hansen Medal from one participant to the next, as the Relay makes its way across Canada.
For more information:
- View the event poster & map
- Contact Kelly Wilson, Recreation Program Coordinator at (604) 952-3029 or Judi Stene, Deputy Director of Parks, Recreation & Culture at (604) 952-3060.